Monday, July 12, 2010

A Hiatus (On Purpose This Time)

Good morning patient readers!

I write this morning to inform you that, like the Daily Show and Colbert Report, I am going on a two week hiatus, effectively putting my talent and social status on par with Jon Stewart.

After a month and a half or so of polarizing political reading (as reflected by some of my recent "Marxism" posts...) I've decided to step outside the news blogs and gain some perspective. The world can seem like a pretty bleak place when you face this stuff head-on, day after day so I'm using material such as the following to regain my optimism and enthusiasm:




If you want to follow my journey, feel free to follow my music listenings at last.fm and posts on facebook (which have recently been overtaken by Farmville and Café World). I won't be incommunicado, simply a-political.

Stay classy everybody and, when the world appears on the brink of Armageddon, step outside for a sec. It's already done me a lot of good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ian!

I found this funny story and I don't know if you like dogs or not (come on, who doesn't?!) but I remembered this post you made and thought you might enjoy another random internet story.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

Cheers,
Chantal

Post a Comment